Sunday, July 18, 2021 11:50 PM
Aurelio Mattucci's Top Priorities
- Get vagrants off our streets, our sidewalks, our bus shelters, and parks. They either accept the help they are being offered or they will be asked to leave Torrance. Ultimately we want them to get help, but if they refuse, they are no longer welcome to just trash our city. Torrance under my watch will NEVER turn into a Venice Beach.
- Increase Police Patrols, fully fund Law Enforcement, and send a strong message to criminals that Torrance will not allow them to terrorize our citizens and businesses. Pretty simple, Criminals must take their criminal activity elsewhere.
- Clean our community like we've never cleaned before. A clean city is an attractive city. The citizens of Torrance want and deserve a spotless city.
- Plant more trees. I have proposed that we plant more trees throughout the city. We will fill every vacant parkway and increase density in our parks. Torrance must live up to our Tree City USA status. Tree lined streets are beautiful and alive.
- We must STOP Over-Development and fight for local control. Traffic and pollution can destroy a city.
- We must continue to properly maintain our streets and sidewalks. Years of neglect have taken a toll. I do believe we are on the right track and have made this effort a top priority.
- We must continue our efforts to reduce the coyote population to safer levels. Our residents and household pets deserve safety, especially when in their own backyards.
- We must focus on reducing our unfunded pension liabilities and make sure we aren't adding to them.
- We must separate our Wants and Needs and always take a Fiscal Conservative stance on spending taxpayers money.
These are my Top Priorities but not the only things I will continue fighting for.
"A CLEANER AND SAFER TORRANCE"
Vote Aurelio Mattucci, the guy that goes out and picks up trash, pulls weeds, and fights to keep Torrance looking like Torrance should.
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 2:02 PM
Torrance City Council approves RFP for Year Round Coyote Trapping
At the May 4, 2021 Torrance City Council meeting, Councilman Aurelio Mattucci moved to bring back an item with the results of a Request for Proposal aka RFP on both a 5 months a year program and also Year Round Trapping Program.
"The goal is to bring down the urban coyote population to much safer levels" stated Aurelio Mattucci.
The council will decide on year round trapping before October 2021. This is when the current 5 month trapping program is due to start. Ideally the city will start trapping again in October and not stop until they have this coyote issue under control. Councilman Aurelio Mattucci stated that this is a Public Safety issue, not just a coyote population issue. "These urban coyotes will jump into people's backyards and kill household pets in seconds", Mattucci said.
For more information on Aurelio Mattucci's Top Issues, please visit https://www.voteformattucci.com/issues
Tuesday, April 6, 2021 8:26 AM
Aurelio's Top Issues List
This is what I believe are our city's TOP ISSUES.
1. Growing Homeless Population, tripled over a period of 4 years. A plan is coming to council by June of this year. I am pushing for building a shelter, a safe parking, and include an anti camping ordinance. By law we must provide shelter and living options if we want to enforce an ordinance that would get people off the streets.
2. Increases in Criminal Activity, we are seeing a major increase in petty crimes, which will inevitably evolve to more serious crimes. I am pushing to fully fund and staff our Police Department.
3. Illegal Dumping and overall Cleanliness. The battle to keep our city clean is a daily one. Staff is developing a new city app that will be a one stop shop.
4. Over Development and the state's push for High Density low income apartments. The issue with this is that it's coming down from Sacramento. We must fight to retain local control.
5. Traffic congestion, we must create more Live/Work opportunities within our city, and ensure proper traffic flow.
6. Increases in coyote encounters and a failed coyote population plan. A coyote management plan revision is coming up and I am proposing YEAR ROUND TRAPPING.
7. Ensuring a stronger approach to re-opening our schools and businesses. This is something we should all push for. Contact all the decision makers at the County and State levels.
8. Proper upkeep of our roads and sidewalks. I believe we are on the right track.
9. Plant more trees. I have proposed a revision to our plan. I am pushing to plant more trees. One down and three up formula. I am also bringing a plan to council that would allow the city to plant trees in every bare parkway within the city. We are talking thousands of newly planted trees.
There are many other issues that we must work on. No issue big or small should be overlooked. If something you are passionate about and don't see it on the list or priorities, please post about it along with what you think should be a plan to fix it.
Torrance is a beautiful city, in a wonderful Country. We must never give up fighting to protect it from those wanting to see us fail.
Friday, March 26, 2021 8:59 PM
The Torrance Homeless Plan in the making since June 4, 2019
The Torrance Homeless Plan in the making. I, Aurelio Mattucci, asked council for concurrence on June 4, 2019 to bring back an item to discuss a homeless plan that would address the ever growing homeless issues. What came back from months of working with the Social Services Commission was a bunch of Bureaucracy and a copy of LA's failed policies. What I am pushing for is a real solution, one that would make living on the streets of Torrance unacceptable and illegal. He believes in providing for the needy, but under no circumstances should a human being be allowed to rot away and die on our streets. Please watch the whole video, especially when I express my thoughts about the proposal. See who has been fighting for this since day one.
"A Cleaner and Safer Torrance"
See video https://youtu.be/gmxYJ537_3M